Has the sensitivity of the Movement Sensor Pad been changed accidentally? If the setting is too high the Sensor Pad can continue to detect movement near to the crib such as walking on floorboards, central heating, even something as light as a desktop fan.
When monitoring baby’s movements you should not use a mobile, or a toy that plays music in the crib – these all emit a form of movement or vibration (albeit very small) on the surface of the mattress or the crib itself. Whilst the Sensor Pad is able to detect movement it is unable to distinguish between baby’s movement or something inside or attached to the crib.
Also, please do not place the crib directly against a wall or skirting board as it can detect movements from piping etc.
- Lastly, if you are using a bedside crib you are unable to use the Sensor Pad when it is attached/touching your bed. When any bedside crib is attached/next to your bed, the Sensor Pad cannot be used as it is sensitive enough to detect your own movements in your bed. The Sensor Pad cannot differentiate between the movements of a baby or you and may not alarm.
If you've not already done so, we suggest you carry out the Four Corner Test below. This will establish the correct level of sensitivity required for your baby's mattress so you can adjust accordingly (only if required):
NOTE: Please follow step 2 within 20 seconds after turning ON both units otherwise the movement alarm will sound. Your baby must NOT be in the crib during this test:
SENSOR PAD FOUR CORNER TEST
- Place the Sensor Pad at the approximate centre of baby’s sleeping area and put the mattress back in place
- Switch ON both Nursery & Parent Units – check both units are paired (connected)
- Immediately pat your hand lightly and continuously on a corner of the mattress twice for Sensor to detect movement. If movement is detected you will hear a TIC sound (if TIC feature is activated) every 5 seconds and Parent Unit will flash green for a single Sensor Pad
- Step away from the crib
- After 15 seconds you'll ear a loud bip; this is the Rouse Alarm. Then the main alarm will sound from the Nursery Unit after a further 5 seconds. If the Alarm does not sound, ensure everything is set up correctly and try again; check battery levels on all units. The sensitivity setting may require lowering by a single level due to other vibrations/movements
If the alarm does sound, pat your hand lightly on a corner of mattress twice for Sensor to detect movement.
NOTE: It can take up to 8 seconds for the Sensor Pad to recognize movement and for the alarm to stop
- If the alarm continues, even after lightly patting the corner of your mattress twice, adjust the sensitivity higher (up one level) and repeat this test