Has the sensitivity accidentally been changed in the monitor settings, this can happen. If the setting is too for your baby's mattress the Sensor Pad can continue to detect movement near to the cot such as:
floorboards, central heating, rocking/pacing even something as light as a fan
In addition to this when monitoring baby’s movements you should not use a mobile, toy that plays music etc in the cot – these all emit a form of movement, albeit small on the surface of the mattress or the cot itself. Whilst the Sensor Pad is able to detect movement it is unable to distinguish between baby’s movement or something inside or attached to the cot.
Lastly, if you are using a bedside crib you are unable to use the Sensor Pad when it is attached/touching your bed. When any bedside crib is attached/next to your bed the Sensor Pad cannot be used as it is sensitive enough to detect movements on the surface of your mattress.
The Sensor Pad cannot differentiate between yours or baby's movements and may not alarm.
To establish whether your Sensor Pad is at the correct level for your baby's mattress carry out the “Four Corner Test”, see below for information on how to do this.
AC1300 - Four Corner Test
NOTE: follow step 2 within 20 seconds after turning ON both units otherwise the movement alarm will sound.
Your baby must NOT be in the cot during this test.
Firstly, please check the level that the sensitivity is set to, this is done by following these steps:
· Switch the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit ON
· Press the SETTINGS Icon to access the SUB MENU
· The sensitivity level must be at 3 bars – this is the factory setting and should only be adjusted if required
To adjust the sensitivity:
Highlight the MOVEMENT SENSITIVITY Icon by pressing the MENU/SELECT button, the icon will be highlighted in blue
Press the UP (raise the sensitivity) or DOWN (reduce the sensitivity) arrow to reach the desired level
Press the MENU/SELECT button to save your desired level and the icon is now highlighted in green
Press the VIDEO ON/OFF button to return to the MENU screen
Press the VIDEO ON/OFF button to return to the display screen
· Check that the Sensor Pad is in the middle of the cot underneath the mattress:
Ensure that the Sensor Pad cord is fed through the base of the cot using the cord cover kit to secure the cord
All cords must be kept out of reach of your baby at all times
The Nursery Unit must be at least 3ft away from the cot
· Gently place your hand in the furthest corner of the mattress & and wait for 20 seconds
· *If the green light flashes on the Nursery Unit registering your hand then the sensitivity is correct and repeat in the remaining 3 corners
· Remove your hand from the mattress and step away from the cot. The Sensor Pad is sensitive enough to detect your movement if you are touching the cot
· **Due to the lack of movement, after 15 seconds a single beep (The Rouse Alarm) will be emitted from the Nursery Unit
· After a further 5 seconds a series of continuous beeps (The Main Alarm) will sound from the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit
· Place your hand on the mattress and after a few seconds the alarm will cease as the Sensor Pad will have detected your movement.
*If the alarm sounds when you place your hand in any of the corners please adjust the sensitivity by turning it up another bar as detailed in step 3 and repeat the Four Corner Test again.
**If however the monitor does not alarm when you step away from the cot reduce the sensitivity down 1 level and repeat the Four Corner Test, keep adjusting this until the alarm sounds ensuring that the movements is still detected in all four corners.
Try this new setting over the next couple of nights and re-adjust if necessary.